Fresh herbs, crisp vegetables and juicy chicken make this one of my favorite meals of all times.
Greek Chicken Kebabs & Salad
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 25 minutes • Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 259.8 • Fat: 10.7g • Carb: 12.8g • Protein: 28.6g • Fiber: 2.4g • Sugar: 1.1g
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 English cucumber, halved crosswise and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, large dice
- 1/4 of a red onion, julienned or thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- In a large glass bowl, combine lemon juice, parsley, rosemary, oregano, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, slice cucumber crosswise and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Slice in 1/2″ pieces.
- Place cucumber and tomatoes in a strainer and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat and let sit for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, to draw out excess water.
- Once drained, pour into a bowl and add remaining ingredients, toss to coat. Let marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Season with salt if necessary.
- Preheat grill over medium-low heat. Pull chicken out of the refrigerator and string equal amounts on 4 skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes. Soaking prevents them from burning.
- Spray grill with Pam, carefully. Grill chicken for about 5 minutes on each side until done, about 15 minutes total. Let rest for 10 minutes under foil. Serve alongside the chopped vegetable salad.