Quiche is the perfect main dish for brunch and holds well. It also makes for a nice light lunch when paired with a green salad or cup of tomato basil soup. To make the dish vegetarian, substitute the turkey sausage for vegan sausage like Morning Star.
Pepper & Sausage Quiche
Serves: 6 • Prep Time: 20 minutes • Cook Time: 1 hr
Nutrition per Serving (parenthesis: nutrition per serving if using MorningStar vegan sausage links) Cal: 254.8 (248.2) • Fat: 13.4g (12.1g) • Carb: 17.6g (19.6g) • Protein: 15.5g (14.8g) • Fiber: 1.7g (3g) • Sugar: 3.6g (3.6g)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 small to medium bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped mixed parsley & basil
- 8 links Jenni-O turkey breakfast sausage (or vegan sausage)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 9in pie crust
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- When hot, sauté onions and bell peppers for 5 minutes. Add garlic, basil & parsley and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook sausages in a separate skillet until just done, let cool for 10 minutes and cut into bite size pieces.
- Add sausage, cheese, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to the pepper, garlic and herb combination.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs and milk, beat with a fork.
- Pour on top of veggies, using a spoon to gently mix. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and cook for 50-60 minutes.
- Serve hot for breakfast or with a light salad for lunch.