I love Asian flavors, but sometimes Asian recipes have a million ingredients. This soup only has a few ingredients that you might not have in your pantry and comes together in under 30 minutes and is so warm and satisfying. Perfect for a chilly night this winter!
Asian Vegetable Soup
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 15 minutes • Cook Time: 10 minutes
Beer Suggestion: Kirin Light
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 201 • Fat: 3.7g • Carb: 32.2g • Protein: 8.6g • Fiber: 5g • Sugar: 6g
- 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 8oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ground ginger
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup edamame beans, shelled
- 8 oz. medium-wide rice noodles
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a saucepan, heat oils over medium heat. When hot, add onion, celery and mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, red chili flakes and ginger and cook another minute. Stirring often.
- Add stock, soy sauce, edamame and rice noodles. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer over medium for 4-5 minutes, until noodles are tender.
- Lower heat to low and add spinach. Stir to wilt. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh scallions.