If you’re looking for tasty and filling vegetarian dishes, this one hits the mark. It’s delicious and colorful! If the sauce gets a little dry, add a few more tablespoons of stock to thin it out.
Kale, Mushroom & Tomato Pasta
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 15 minutes • Cook Time: 15 minutes
Wine Suggestion: Chardonnay or Pinot Noir
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 256.1 • Fat: 3.8g • Carb: 51.5g • Protein: 11g • Fiber: 7.9g • Sugar: 2.3g
- 8oz. whole wheat pasta (about 2 cups dry)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced (about 2 Tbsp)
- 8oz. Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced thick
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan
- Cook pasta according to directions while prepping the sauce.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add shallots and mushrooms with a sprinkle of salt sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add flour and a small amount of broth. Whisk to incorporate. Slowly pour in the remaining broth and whisk to combine.
- Add thyme leaves and garlic. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer to reduce until slightly thickened.
- Add tomatoes and kale and toss to wilt, about 2 minutes, then season with salt and pepper. If sauce gets too thick, add a few tablespoons of stock to thin it out.
- Add drained pasta and parmesan to sauce and toss to coat. Serve hot.