Another great way to serve these sandwiches is on slider buns. They’re small and perfect for entertaining! One serving is two sliders or one sandwich.
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Serves: 8 • Prep Time: 10 minutes • Cook Time: 8 hours
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 245 • Fat: 3.5g • Carb: 26.7g • Protein: 25.2g • Fiber: 2.8g • Sugar: 7.3g
- 3 chicken breasts, about 2-2.5 lbs.
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Shiner Bock
- 1/2 cup dill pickles slices
- thinly sliced red onion
- 8 whole wheat buns
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, minced onion, black pepper, smoked paprika, brown sugar, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add chicken to your slow cooker. Sprinkle spice mixture on top and flip them over to coat. Add BBQ sauce and Shiner Bock. Stir to combine everything.
- Cover and set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Put the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker to absorb more of the sauce. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve on toasted buns with pickles and red onion.